Chicken stuffed baked potatoes is a delicious healthy dish that potato lovers will enjoy either for brunch, lunch or dinner.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes 8 servings
4 medium potatoes
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red pepper, chopped
1/2 chicken breast, (about 200g) cut in small pieces
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup (100g) grated cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
½ tsp (1g) nutmeg, optional
1. Preheat oven to 450°F(230°C). Scrub potatoes, pierce them with a fork. Transfer to a baking sheet Brush or spray the potatoes with olive oil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile prepare the filling. In a large frying pan heat oil or butter over medium high heat. Saute the onion with garlic for about 5 minutes until soft. Add red pepper and chicken small pieces and cook until meat is cooked through. Stir in fresh parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
3. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop the interior out of each leaving about 1/4 inch shell of potato flesh and skin. Mash slightly the scooped-out potato, add to filling mixture, and stir.
4. Turn the oven to 480°F (250°C). Fill the potato shells with the filling mixture and place them on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with mixed cheese on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes until potatoes turn golden brown.
5. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or sour cream or alongside a fresh salad.