Easiest Lasagna Ever – Nothing beats classic lasagna. And this is the easiest recipe you will ever make. It can be made ahead and it’s freezer-friendly too!
9 lasagna noodles
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground beef*
1 onion, diced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 (15-ounce) package whole milk ricotta
3 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and onion and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drain excess fat. Stir in tomatoes and Italian seasoning until well combined.
4. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella and egg; set aside.
5. Spread 1 cup tomato mixture onto the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish; top with 3 lasagna noodles, 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat with a second layer. Top with remaining noodles, tomato mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan.
6. Place into oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until bubbling. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until top is browned in spots.
7. Let cool 15 minutes. Serve, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Print this recipe at: https://damndelicious.net/2016/03/19/easiest-lasagna-ever/