I love fish- especially crab and lobster but it’s so dang expensive! But here’s an easy trick to turn a piece of white fish, like cod or halibut, into a 5 star dining experience. We think you’ll enjoy this quick and easy fish recipe.
Poor Man’s Lobster
Cod or Halibut filets, thawed if frozen
1 cup sugar
lemon pepper, dill seed, melted butter (for serving)
1. Fill a large pot about 1/2 to 3/4 full of water and bring to a boil.
2. Add in half a lemon, cut into 2 pieces and the sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
Allow the mixture to come back to a boil for a couple minutes.
3. Cut the fish into about 1-inch chunks and add to the boiling water. Do not stir!
4. When the fish begin bobbing and float to the top, strain them out and set on a paper towel or wire rack.
5. Sprinkle with lemon, lemon pepper and/or dill seed (optional). Dip in butter- serve warm.
Check out our BEST SELLING cookbook, A Taste of Cowboy. Available at bookstores nationwide, Amazon http://amzn.to/2uBl4EM
Get our FREE guide to smoothing cast iron HERE: http://eepurl.com/ckJhmP
Want more recipes and tips? Sign up for our emails:
Click below to SUBSCRIBE for more videos:
Connect with us!
Chuck Wagon Cook, Grilling, Dutch Oven Cooking, Cowboy, Cast Iron